HP Photosmart C4550 Driver & Software Download - Looking for the printer is sometimes a tedious job. However, the search can be stopped immediately upon reaching to HP Photosmart C4550. The printer manufactured by HP is obviously high regarding durability and printing quality. Regarding durability, the printer is good enough to print an abundance of documents per year under normal use. For some people, duality is a must because it reduces significantly cost needed for repairing the printer. For its quality, it is better to take a look at features offered by HP for the printer.
The first and the main feature is absolutely the printing job. For C4550, it is possible to print documents without hassle with/without cable connection. There are basically three ways to print using this printer. The first is the most usual one by connecting PC and printer using USB cable so that the users will be able to print. The second is more sophisticated because of using Wi-Fi available at homes or using a smartphone as a router to print documents. The last is the ability of HP Photosmart C4550 to print from SD card because of slot availability. All of those features are just great for printer users especially for home and small office. Students also get great benefit using this printer because all of those features are packed in affordable price.
The upgraded version definitely offers more opportunity to print documents seamlessly, and this great effort from HP can be enjoyed by users after a few printings. The next feature about this printer is the ability to scan and copy documents. Scanning documents can be performed seamlessly using buttons on the printer, and it can be directly saved to SD card. For scanning, the quality is great because it can translate details very well. Even the tiniest font can be read because of intelligent interpolation system in HP Photosmart C4550.
HP Photosmart C4550 Specification
Print, copy, scan
1.5-in LCD (color graphics)
Print speed black (draft, letter)
Up to 30 cpm****
Print speed color (draft, letter)
Up to 23 ppm****
Print speed, black (normal quality mode)
Up to 8.9 ppm****
Print speed, color (normal quality mode)
Up to 5.3 ppm****
Print speed, color, 4x6 photo (draft mode)
As fast as 25 sec****
Page yield footnote
For information on cartridge page and photo yields, see http://www.hp.com/go/pageyield
Monthly duty cycle
Up to 1000 pages
HP Thermal Inkjet
Print resolution, black
Up to 1200 rendered dpi black (when printing from a computer)
Print resolution, color
Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer with select HP Photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
Standard paper handling (input)
100-sheet input tray
Standard paper handling (output)
50-sheet output tray
Envelope input capacity
Up to 10 envelopes
Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper)
None (not supported)
Media sizes, standard
Letter, legal, executive, cards, panorama, 4 x 6 inch
Media sizes, custom
3 x 5 to 8.5 x 24 in
Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, the HP premium media, iron-on transfers, borderless media, panorama
Print languages, standard
HP PCL 3 GUI
Scan resolution, optical
Up to 1200 dpi
Scan size, maximum (flatbed)
8.5 x 11.7 in
Copy speed black (best, letter)
Up to 0.7 cpm
Copy speed color (best, letter)
Up to 0.7 cpm
Copy speed, black (copies per minute)
Up to 30 cpm
Copy speed, color (copies per minute)
Up to 23 cpm
Copy resolution, black
Up to 1200 X 1200 dpi
Copy resolution, color
Up to 1200 X 1200 dpi
Copy reduce/enlarge settings
50 to 400%
Maximum number of copies
Fax delayed sending
1 USB, 1 Wireless 802.11g/b
Minimum system requirements
PC: Windows XP Home (SP1), Windows XP Professional (SP1): Intel Pentium II, Celeron or compatible processor, 233 MHz or higher, 128 MB RAM, 800 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM, USB port, Internet Explorer 6 or higher; Windows Vista(R): 800 MHz 32 or 64-bit processor, 512 MB RAM, 1.2 GB hard disk space, CD-ROM, USB port, Internet Explorer 6 Macintosh: Mac OS X v. 10.4 and 10.5; PowerPC G3, G4, G5 or Intel Core Processor; 256 MB RAM, 500 MB hard disk space
Compatible operating systems
Windows XP Home and Professional (SP1); Windows Vista(R); Mac OS X v 10.4; Mac OS X v 10.5; Linux (see http://www.hplip.net)
41 to 104º F
Memory Card Compatibility
Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Secure Digital/MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital High Capacity Card, xD-Picture Card
Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in)
Dimensions and weight
Product dimensions (W x D x H)
17.09 x 11.42 x 6.38 in
Dimensions, max. (W x D x H)
17.09 x 23.11 x 6.38 in
Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)
21 watts maximum
Power consumption, active
Power Consumption, Standby
Power Consumption, Powersave
Power Consumption, Off
Power consumption footnote
Power requirements are based on the country/region where the product is sold. Do not convert operating voltages or use with other voltages. Doing so might cause damage that would not be covered under the HP product warranty.
Acoustic power emissions
5.6 B(A) (color printing), 5.9 B(A) (black-and-white normal printing), 5.4 B(A) (color copying), 5.7 B(A) (black-and-white copying), 3.3 B(A) (idle)
Operating temperature range
59 to 90° F
15 to 80% RH
ENERGY STAR® Qualified
HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One, HP 74 Black Ink Print Cartridge (~190 pages), HP 75 Tri-Color Ink Print Cartridge (~155 pages), power cord, power adapter, USB cable, setup guide, basics guide, HP software. [Average based on ISO/IEC 24711 or HP testing methodology and continuous printing. Actual yield varies considerably based on content of printed pages and other factors. Some ink from included cartridge is used to start up the printer. For details see http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies]
Yes, 1 USB
HP Photosmart Essential
HP Photosmart C4550 Driver & Software Downloads
HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers – Mac OS X v10.4/v10.5
HP Photosmart AiO Full Feature Software and Drivers – Mac OS X v10.6
Critical HP Print Driver Update to address printing of an extraneous page – Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9
HP Photosmart C4550/C4524 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver – Windows 8.1/8
HP Update Software Utility – Windows 8.1/8/7/vista/XP
HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows (windows 8.1/8/7/vista)
HP Print and Scan Doctor (windows 8.1/8/7/vista/XP)
HP Photosmart C4550/C4524 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver – Windows 7
HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7
Windows 7 Critical Update to enhance reliability of network connection – Windows 7 (64-bit)
Critical Update: Cannot find scanned image or document files after scanning completes – Windows 7/vista/XP
HP Software Service Pack – Windows 7/vista/XP
HP Photosmart C4550 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver – Windows vista/XP
HP Photosmart C4550 All-in-One Printer series Basic Drivers – Windows vista/XP
OCR Application for the HP Photosmart C4550 All-in-One Printer Series – Windows vista/XP
Solution Center Update – Windows vista/XP
Critical Update to Correct a PC to Printer Communication Issue – Windows vista/XP
Critical Update for HP Photosmart Essential – Windows vista/XP
HP XML Paper Specification (XPS) Printer Driver (recommended for advanced users only) – Windows vista
HP Photosmart C4450 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How to Install the HP Photosmart C4550 Driver with Free Download
In this case, we are going to install HP Photosmart C4550 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of HP Photosmart C4550. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link above for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install HP Photosmart C4550 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the HP Photosmart C4550 as well.
- Still try not to connect the HP Photosmart C4550 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of HP Photosmart C4550 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of HP Photosmart C4550 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of HP Photosmart C4550 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the HP Photosmart C4550 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How to Install HP Photosmart C4550 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of HP Photosmart C4550. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of HP Photosmart C4550 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices in this case are the computer and the HP Photosmart C3175 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of HP Photosmart C4550 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract HP Photosmart C4550 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the HP Photosmart C4550 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: HP Photosmart C4550 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install HP Photosmart C4550 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of HP Photosmart C4550 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of HP Photosmart C4550 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the HP Photosmart C4550 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of HP Photosmart C4550 printer until needed.
- Insert HP Photosmart C4550 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of HP Photosmart C4550 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable HP Photosmart C4550 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the HP Photosmart C4550 printer is ready to use.