When it comes to printer, there are many brands and models that can be picked for the solution. However, it is recommended to pick HP Photosmart C4488 because it accompanies a set of great features packed in affordable manner. In terms of appearance, C4488 has similar look just like C4486. Its size is considerably compact and it does not require big space for storing this printer. It is true that its volume will increase after the tray is opened. However, it should not be a big problem. Additionally, this printer is limited in Japan. That way it is impossible to get this product in other area except without complicated order placement.
Apart from its visual appearance and market limitation, it offers three main features with satisfying quality. The first main feature is obviously the printer. HP Photosmart C4488 is capable in printing documents quickly and accurately with its specialized ink. Its ink is defined as having laser-printer quality because of pigmented ink. The printing result will be sharp without visible splatters all over the paper. In addition, it is also worth mentioning that the result will be more durable compared to standard printer without pigmented ink. Lastly, the printing quality is also improved even if the users print documents using recycled paper.
The next two features are printing and scanning solutions. Basically the scanner will copy or read the documents before being copied, and from that point it is possible to get the result either digital or hard copy of the earlier documents. The scanner of HP Photosmart C4488 is blessed with nice 1200dpi optical resolution. That means this device can capture important and small details seamlessly. The speed for creating scanned or copied documents definitely takes time, but it is still considerably acceptable because it is not true laser printing solution.
- Print, copy, scan
- AIO multitasking supported: Yes
- Print speed black (draft, A4); Up to 30 ppm
- Print speed colour (draft, A4): Up to 23 ppm
- Print speed black (normal, A4): Up to 8.9 ppm
- Print speed colour (normal, A4): Up to 5.3 ppm
- Print speed colour (draft, 10x15 photo): As fast as 25 sec
- Print speed footnote: After first page; see http://www.hp.com/go/inkjetprinter for details.
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4): Up to 1000 pages
- Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
- Print quality black (best): Up to 1200 rendered dpi black when printing from a computer
- Print quality colour (best): Up to 4800 x 1200 optimised dpi colour when printing from a computer with select HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi
- Number of print cartridges: 3 (1 each black, tri-color, optional photo, optional XL)
- Paper handling standard/input: 100-sheet input tray
- Paper handling standard/output: 50-sheet output tray
- Maximum input capacity (envelopes): Up to 10
- Envelope feeder: No
- Duplex print options: None (not supported)
- Finished output handling: Sheetfed
- Standard memory: 32 MB
- Maximum memory: 32 MB
- Standard printer languages: HP PCL 3 GUI
- Scan type: Flatbed
- Optical scanning resolution: Up to 1200 dpi Bit depth 48-bit
- Scan size flatbed (maximum): 215 x 297 mm
- COPIER SPECIFICATIONS
- Copy speed (black, draft quality, A4): Up to 30 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text): Up to 600 dpi
- Copy resolution (colour text and graphics): Up to 1200 x 2400-optimised dpi colour (when printing from a computer and 1200-input dpi)
- Maximum copies: Up to 50 copies
- Display: 3.8 cm LCD (colour graphics)
- Memory card compatibility: Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Secure Digital/MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital High Capacity Card, xD-Picture Card
- Borderless printing: Yes (up to panorama, A4 and more)
- Standard connectivity: 1 USB, 4 Memory card slots
- Optional connectivity: HP Photosmart C4400 All-in-One Printer series
- Minimum system requirements for Macintosh: Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4, v10.5; PowerPC G3, G4, G5 or Intel Core Processor; 256 MB RAM; 200 MB available hard disk space; USB port; CD-ROM drive
HP Photosmart C4488 Driver & Software Downloads
|HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers – Mac OS X v10.3.9/10.4/10.5||9.7.1||183.6 MB||Download|
|Critical Update To Prevent an Unresponsive State – Mac OS X 10.4/10.5||1.2.0||1.6 MB||Download|
|HP Photosmart AiO Full Feature Software and Drivers – Mac OS X v10.6||10.3||139.6 MB||Download|
|Critical HP Print Driver Update to address printing of an extraneous page – Mac OS X v10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9||1.0.0||10.6 MB||Download|
|HP Photosmart C4488/C4424 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver – Windows 8.1/8||14.8.0||178.6 MB||Download|
|HP Update Software Utility – Windows 8.1/8/7/vista/XP (32-bit)||5.005.002.002||2.9 MB||Download|
|HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows (windows 8.1/8/7/vista)||3.2||3.61 MB||Download|
|HP Print and Scan Doctor (windows 8.1/8/7/vista/XP)||4.7||6.74 MB||Download|
|HP Photosmart C4488/C4424 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver – Windows 7||13.1.0||205.1 MB||Download|
|HP Print Software Patch When Upgrading Vista to Windows 7||1.0||1.3 MB||Download|
|Critical Update: Cannot find scanned image or document files after scanning completes – Windows 7/vista/XP (32-bit)||3.0||28.5 MB||Download|
|HP Photosmart C4488 All-in-One Full Feature Software and Drivers – Windows vista/XP||10.0.1||146.8 MB||Download|
|HP Photosmart C4488 All-in-One Basic Driver – Windows vista||11.0.1||41.7 MB||Download|
|Critical Update To Prevent an Unresponsive State (Firmware) – Windows vista/XP||1.0||0.7 MB||Download|
|Critical Update to Enhance Reliability of Network and USB Connectivity and Improve System Responsiveness While Printing – Windows vista/XP||2.0||25.3 MB||Download|
|Critical Update to Correct a PC to Printer Communication Issue – Windows vista/XP (32-bit)||1.0||1.6 MB||Download|
|Critical Update for HP Photosmart Essential – Windows vista/XP||4.0||0.5 MB||Download|
|Solution Center Update – Windows vista/XP (32-bit)||13.0||44.6 MB||Download|
|Critical Update to Correct a PC to Printer Communication Issue – Windows XP (64-bit)||1.0||1.6 MB||Download|
|Critical Update: Cannot find scanned image or document files after scanning completes – Windows XP (64-bit)||3.0||28.5 MB||Download|
HP Photosmart C4488 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How to Install the HP Photosmart C4488 Driver with Free Download
In this case, we are going to install HP Photosmart C4488 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of HP Photosmart C4488. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link above for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install HP Photosmart C4488 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the HP Photosmart C4488 as well.
- Still try not to connect the HP Photosmart C4488 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of HP Photosmart C4488 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of HP Photosmart C4488 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of HP Photosmart C4488 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the HP Photosmart C4488 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How to Install HP Photosmart C4488 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of HP Photosmart C4488. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of HP Photosmart C4488 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices in this case are the computer and the HP Photosmart C3175 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of HP Photosmart C4488 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract HP Photosmart C4488 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the HP Photosmart C4488 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: HP Photosmart C4488 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install HP Photosmart C4488 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of HP Photosmart C4488 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of HP Photosmart C4488 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the HP Photosmart C4488 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of HP Photosmart C4488 printer until needed.
- Insert HP Photosmart C4488 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of HP Photosmart C4488 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable HP Photosmart C4488 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the HP Photosmart C4488 printer is ready to use.