The Color LaserJet 2840 All-in-One is one of two MFC color laser printers that qualified for this short article. It's got a somewhat reduced month-to-month task cycle compared to the HP 2600n - 30,000 pages monthly instead of 35,000 - and also it offers faster black-and-white print speeds of around 20 ppm, though its color result is a very pallid 4 ppm at best. Though the shade result speed is rather slow-moving, lots of SOHO users locate this printer appealing because their color demands are restricted, as well as due to the fact that the 2840 not only offers superb print high quality, its MFC functions additionally do a wonderful task with faxing, duplicating, and both black-and-white and also color printing.
The HP Color LaserJet 2840 Printer is a very good straightforward printer, as well as offers much faster prints with much better clearness, takes much less time to complete the faxing operations. It also has shade scanning feature as well as sustains a variety of file styles. It provides quick copies, approximately 19 black as well as white copies each minute in A4 dimension documents. The printer gives support for a variety of printing medias like Paper, HP LaserJet Glossy Media, HP Cover Paper, HP Color LaserJet transparencies, labels, envelopes, and also cardstock.
A vast array of softwares are readily available in addition to the printer bundle. These software programs are all real software program and assist the customer to utilize the printer much properly and also successfully. All the printer divers are consisted of in the software application bundle. Other software applications are HP Toolbox, HP LaserJet Scan, TWAIN 1.9 or WIA Check Driver, HP LaserJet Fax, HP Supervisor, HP Photosmart Premier, HP Paper Audience, Readiris PRO Text Recognition software. The bundle also has a HP All-in-One Setup Assistant for Mac systems.
HP Color LaserJet 2840 Driver & Software Specifications
|Model||Color LaserJet 2840|
|For Use||Small Office|
|Width||19.5 inch (498 mm)|
|Height||22.5 inch (573 mm)|
|Depth||20.9 inch (532 mm)|
|Weight||75 lbs (34.2 kg)|
|Output Type||Color Printer|
|Print Speed||19 ppm (black A4), 4 ppm (color A4)|
|Output Feed Capacity||125 pages (standart)|
|Print Resolution||2400x600 dpi|
|Input Feed Capacity||375 pages (standart)|
|Monthly Duty Cycle||30000 pages|
|Media Types||Plain Paper, Cards, Transparencies, Stickers, Glossy Photo Paper, Envelopes, Matte Photo Paper.|
|Paper Weight Support||60-177 g/m2|
|Heating Time||24 s|
|Scanner Size||216x297 mm|
|Pixel Depth||42 bit|
|Shades Of Gray||256|
|Optical Resolution||1200x1200 dpi|
|Enhanced Resolution||19200x19200 dpi|
|Zoom Range||50-200 %|
|Zoom Step||1 x|
|Copier Resolution (Black)||600x600 dpi|
|Copier Resolution (Color)||600x600 dpi|
|Copying Speed||19 ppm (Black A4), 4 ppm (Color A4)|
|Maximum Number Of Copies||99|
|Interfaces||Ethernet (RJ-45), USB 2.0|
|Memory||96 Mb, maximum: 224 Mb|
|OS Support||Windows, Mac OS|
|Processor Type||Motorola Coldfire v 4e|
|Processor Speed||264 mHz|
|Power Consumption Operational||398 W|
|Power Consumption Standby||19 W|
HP Color LaserJet 2820 Driver & Software Download
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 PCL6 Black and White Driver – Windows 2000/XP/2003 (32-bit)||60.034.41.00||3.5 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 PCL6 Driver – Windows 2000/XP/2003 (32-bit)||60.034.41.00||3.5 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 PostScript Driver – Windows 2000/XP/2003 (32-bit)||60.034.41.00||3.3 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 PCL6 Plug and Play Scan/Print Driver Solution – Windows 2000/XP (32-bit)||2.0||41.9 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820-2840 Asia Pacific Full Software Solution – Windows 2000/XP (32-bit)||2.0b||464.6 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 Eastern European Full Software Solution – Windows 2000/XP (32-bit)||2.0b||474.5 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 North American and Western Europe Full Software Solution – Windows 2000/XP (32-bit)||2.0b||521.9 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 Software Update – Windows 2000/ME/XP/98SE||3.0||1.6 MB||Download|
|HP LaserJet Fix Scan Utility – Windows 2000/ME/XP/98SE||2.95||0.61 MB||Download|
|HP LaserJet USB (DOT4) communication driver for Windows 10/8.1/8/2012 (64-bit)||126.96.36.199||1.5 MB||Download|
|HP LaserJet USB (DOT4) communication driver for Windows 10/8.1/8/2012 (32-bit)||188.8.131.52||1 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 PCL6 Plug and Play Scan/Print Driver Solution – Windows Vista (32-bit)||3.02||3.2 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820-2840 Release for Mac OS X 10.5||8.2||78.6 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820-2840 Full Software Solution (Universal Binary) – Mac OS X||8.1||61.2 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 1200 dpi Scan Patch – Mac OS X||8.1.1||1.7 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 Printer Firmware Update for Linux, Unix, and Mac – Mac OS X/Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/Linux/Unix||20120307||5.6 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820 Printer Firmware Update Utility – Mac OS X||20070524 Rev G||5.2 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 OS9 installer – Mac OS 9||1.0||145.3 MB||Download|
HP Color LaserJet 2840 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How to Install the HP Color LaserJet 2840 Driver with Free Download
In this case, we are going to install HP Color LaserJet 2840 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of HP Color LaserJet 2840. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link above for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install HP Color LaserJet 2840 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the HP Color LaserJet 2840 as well.
- Still try not to connect the HP Color LaserJet 2840 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of HP Color LaserJet 2840 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of HP Color LaserJet 2840 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of HP Color LaserJet 2840 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the HP Color LaserJet 2840 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How to Install HP Color LaserJet 2840 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of HP Color LaserJet 2840. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of HP Color LaserJet 2840 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices in this case are the computer and the HP Photosmart C3175 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of HP Color LaserJet 2840 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract HP Color LaserJet 2840 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the HP Color LaserJet 2840 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: HP Color LaserJet 2840 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install HP Color LaserJet 2840 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of HP Color LaserJet 2840 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of HP Color LaserJet 2840 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the HP Color LaserJet 2840 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of HP Color LaserJet 2840 printer until needed.
- Insert HP Color LaserJet 2840 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of HP Color LaserJet 2840 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable HP Color LaserJet 2840 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the HP Color LaserJet 2840 printer is ready to use.