HP Color LaserJet 2800 features Readiris Pro 9.0 optical character acknowledgment (OCR) software application, to equate scans into editable message; HP Director, an umbrella user interface that handles the features of any kind of HP peripherals; and HP File Customer, which organizes checked papers. You also get HP Image Zone, a picture transfer, management, printing, and modifying program, with innovative modifying celebrations such as the ability to add different colors filters and also shadows, adjust white equilibrium, as well as smooth out structures. It additionally has the old standbys, such as red-eye elimination, cropping, and also resizing.
The HP Color LaserJet 2800 did well general. Black message, clear down to 2-point size, was as sharp as well as bold-looking as we've seen. Black-and-white graphics were spoiled a little by visible straight banding, however image elements looked remarkably smooth and captured great details well. Shade text was exceptional; while we can see tiny dots in the subtler shades, mixing was smooth total. Shade graphics looked in a similar way smooth, especially in large blocks of color, and excellented general in spite of some crosshatching.
Output high quality is fantastic. More than half our examination typefaces were conveniently legible at 4 factors, with none looking for bigger compared to 8 factors. This gained the 2800 a score of superb for message, with output that's good sufficient for nearly anything you could wish to utilize it for. Graphics were marred just by some small banding in a few images, for a rating at the high end of very good. That indicates you can print outcome-- claim, your personal trifold brochures-- that makes a home-based company look completely professional.
Images published on HP's glossy laser paper ranged from near-photo to real photo quality, gaining a very good score, although some were somewhat dark, as if shot through a neutral filter. In any case, the photo high quality is conveniently good enough for publishing things like customer e-newsletters and marginally sufficient for printing snapshots or images for mounting. And it's worth stating that the 2800 is the first color laser to gain a great for photos.
|Print technology||4-pass colour laser printing technology|
|Colour printing technology||HP ImageREt 2400|
|Print speed (black, normal quality, A4)||Up to 19 ppm|
|Print speed (colour, normal quality, A4)||Up to 4 ppm|
|Print speed (black, best quality, A4)||Up to 19 ppm|
|Print speed (colour, best quality, A4)||Up to 4 ppm|
|Print quality (black, best quality)||1200 dpi effective output quality [600 x 600 dpi with HP Resolution Enhancement technology (REt) and FastRes 1200 technology] - for black and white printing only|
|Print quality (colour, best quality)||Up to 600 x 600 dpi with HP ImageREt 2400|
|Standard printer languages||HP PCL 6, HP Postscript Level 3 Emulation|
|Typefaces||80 TrueType™ internal scalable PCL 6, 80 TrueType™ internal scalable PostScript|
|Print speed footnote||(Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software program, and document complexity)|
|Fax speed||33.6 Kbps (3 secs per page)|
|A4 pages held in memory||Up to 250|
|Fax speed footnote||Based on standard ITU-T test image 1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.|
|Fax delayed sending||Yes|
|Max nr. of broadcasting locations||120 locations|
|Resolution (black photo grayscale)||300 x 300 dpi (no halftone)|
|Scan type||Flatbed, ADF, colour scanning|
|Optical scanning resolution||Up to 1200 dpi|
|Hardware scanning resolution||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Enhanced scanning resolution||Up to 19200 dpi|
|Bit depth||42-bit (internal), 24-bit (external)|
|Gray scale levels||256|
|Twain version||Version 1.9|
|Copy speed (black, draft quality, A4)||Up to 19 cpm|
|Copy speed (colour, draft quality, A4)||Up to 4 cpm|
|Copy speed (black, normal quality, A4)||Up to 19 cpm|
|Copy speed (colour, normal quality, A4)||Up to 4 cpm|
|Copy speed (black, best quality, A4)||Up to 19 cpm|
|Copy speed (colour, best quality, A4)||Up to 4 cpm|
|Copy resolution (black text)||600 x 600 dpi|
|Copy resolution (colour text and graphics)||600 x 600 dpi|
|Maximum number of copies||Up to 99|
Photo printing and smart features
|Memory card compatibility||4 slots, 7 formats: Compact Flash® Type I and Type II, xD-Picture card™, Secure Digital, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro®, SmartMedia, MultiMedia Card Slots can be disabled via software.|
|Software included||HP Toolbox, HP LaserJet Scan, TWAIN 1.9 or WIA Scan Driver, HP LaserJet Fax, HP Director, HP Photosmart Premier, HP Document Viewer, Readiris PRO Text Recognition software (not installed with device software, separate installation required), printer drivers (HP PCL 6, HP Postscript Level 3 Emulation), installer/uninstaller; HP All-in-One Setup Assistant (Mac)|
|Auto document feeder capacity||Standard, up to 50 sheets|
|Duplex print options||Manual (driver support provided)|
|Paper handling standard/input||125-sheet multipurpose tray, 250-sheet input tray, 50-sheet automatic document feeder|
|Paper handling standard/output||125-sheet output bin|
|Standard media sizes||A4, A5, B5 (JIS/ISO), envelopes (DL, C5, B5), postcards,|
|Custom media sizes||Multipurpose Tray 1: 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm; Tray 2: 148 x 210 to 216 x 356 mm; automatic document feeder (ADF): 127 x 127 to 216 x 381 mm|
|Media types supported||Paper (plain, letterhead, pre-punched, bond, colour, rough, pre-printed, recycled); HP LaserJet Glossy Media, HP Cover Paper; HP Color LaserJet transparencies, labels, envelopes, and cardstock;|
|Maximum input capacity (envelopes)||Up to 10|
|Standard output capacity (transparencies)||Up to 50|
|Standard output capacity (envelopes)||Up to 10|
Other technical information
|Standard connectivity||Built-in HP Jetdirect 10/100 wired Ethernet network connectivity with 1 RJ-45 port; 1 USB 2.0 Hi-Speed port|
|Network capabilities||Via built-in HP Jetdirect 10/100 wired Ethernet network connection|
|Memory slots||One 100-pin industry standard SDRAM DIMM slot|
|Standard memory||96 MB|
|Compatible operating systems||Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Professional; Windows Vista™ Ready; Mac OS 9.2.2, Mac OS X v 10.2.8, Mac OS X v 10.3.x|
|Compatible network operating systems||Microsoft® Windows® XP, 2000; Apple Mac OS 9.2.2, OS 10.2.8, OS 10.3.x or higher|
|Minimum system requirements||Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP (32-bit Home and Professional): any Pentium II processor (Pentium III or greater recommended), 192 MB RAM, 550 MB hard disk space, SVGA 800 x 600 with 16-bit colour display, Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater (full install); CD-ROM drive|
|Power supply type||Internal|
|Power requirements||220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz)|
|Power consumption||398 watts (active), 19 watts (standby), 17 watts (Powersave), 0 watt (off); Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC): 3.394 kWh/Week|
|Duty cycle (monthly, A4)||Up to 30000 pages|
|Package weight||41.1 kg|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||498 x 532 x 573 mm|
|Safety||IEC 60950 compliant; safety UL listed; EU LVD & EN60950 compliant; countries: EU (CE Mark-Low Voltage Directive 73/23/EEC), Germany (TÜV- EN60950-IEC 60825-1), (Russia (GOST- R50377), South Africa (IEC 60950-IEC60825-1), USA (UL-UL 60950; FDA-21 CFR Chapter 1 Subchapter J for lasers); class 1 laser/LED product|
|Acoustic power emissions||6.6 B(A) (active); not audible (standby)|
|Operating humidity range||10 to 80% RH|
|Recommended humidity operating range||20 to 70% RH|
|Non-operating humidity||0 to 95% RH|
|Operating temperature range||15 to 32.5 C|
|Recommended operating temperature range||20 to 27 C|
|Energy Star certified||No|
|What's in the box||HP Color LaserJet 2840 All-in-One printer / fax / scanner / copier, control-panel faceplate, 1 HP Imaging Drum, 1 HP black print cartridge up to 5,000 pages, 3 HP colour print cartridges (cyan, magenta, yellow) up to 4,000 pages (all based on 5% coverage), 250-sheet input tray, getting started guide and support flyer, CDs containing device software, electronic user guide, and Readiris Pro Text Recognition software, automatic document feeder (ADF) input tray, phone cord, power cord.|
|Warranty||One-year limited hardware on-site warranty and phone and web support (varies according to region)|
HP Color LaserJet 2800 Driver & Software Download
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 PCL6 Black and White Driver – Windows 2000/XP/2003 (32-bit)||60.034.41.00||3.5 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 PCL6 Driver – Windows 2000/XP/2003 (32-bit)||60.034.41.00||3.5 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 PostScript Driver – Windows 2000/XP/2003 (32-bit)||60.034.41.00||3.3 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 PCL6 Plug and Play Scan/Print Driver Solution – Windows 2000/XP (32-bit)||2.0||41.9 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800-2840 Asia Pacific Full Software Solution – Windows 2000/XP (32-bit)||2.0b||464.6 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 Eastern European Full Software Solution – Windows 2000/XP (32-bit)||2.0b||474.5 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 North American and Western Europe Full Software Solution – Windows 2000/XP (32-bit)||2.0b||521.9 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 Software Update – Windows 2000/ME/XP/98SE||3.0||1.6 MB||Download|
|HP LaserJet Fix Scan Utility – Windows 2000/ME/XP/98SE||2.95||0.61 MB||Download|
|HP LaserJet USB (DOT4) communication driver for Windows 10/8.1/8/2012 (64-bit)||22.214.171.124||1.5 MB||Download|
|HP LaserJet USB (DOT4) communication driver for Windows 10/8.1/8/2012 (32-bit)||126.96.36.199||1 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 PCL6 Plug and Play Scan/Print Driver Solution – Windows Vista (32-bit)||3.02||3.2 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800-2840 Release for Mac OS X 10.5||8.2||78.6 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800-2840 Full Software Solution (Universal Binary) – Mac OS X||8.1||61.2 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 1200 dpi Scan Patch – Mac OS X||8.1.1||1.7 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 Printer Firmware Update for Linux, Unix, and Mac – Mac OS X/Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/Linux/Unix||20120307||5.6 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800 Printer Firmware Update Utility – Mac OS X||20070524 Rev G||5.2 MB||Download|
|HP Color LaserJet 2800/2840 OS9 installer – Mac OS 9||1.0||145.3 MB||Download|
HP Color LaserJet 2800 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How to Install the HP Color LaserJet 2800 Driver with Free Download
In this case, we are going to install HP Color LaserJet 2800 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of HP Color LaserJet 2800. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link above for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install HP Color LaserJet 2800 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the HP Color LaserJet 2800 as well.
- Still try not to connect the HP Color LaserJet 2800 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of HP Color LaserJet 2800 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of HP Color LaserJet 2800 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of HP Color LaserJet 2800 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the HP Color LaserJet 2800 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How to Install HP Color LaserJet 2800 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of HP Color LaserJet 2800. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of HP Color LaserJet 2800 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices in this case are the computer and the HP Photosmart C3175 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of HP Color LaserJet 2800 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract HP Color LaserJet 2800 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the HP Color LaserJet 2800 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: HP Color LaserJet 2800 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install HP Color LaserJet 2800 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of HP Color LaserJet 2800 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of HP Color LaserJet 2800 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the HP Color LaserJet 2800 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of HP Color LaserJet 2800 printer until needed.
- Insert HP Color LaserJet 2800 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of HP Color LaserJet 2800 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable HP Color LaserJet 2800 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the HP Color LaserJet 2800 printer is ready to use.